DIY Travelers Journal
Learn to make a beautiful handmade book using materials from your recycling bin and our sponsor Papermart: http://www.papermart.com/HOME?origin=thefrugalcrafter
Kraft Paper: http://www.papermart.com/heavyweight-brown-kraft/id=4602?origin=thefrugalcrafter
Washi Tape: http://www.papermart.com/Pattern-Washi-Tape/id=77623?origin=thefrugalcrafter
Ribbon (for bookmark) http://www.papermart.com/antique-patterns-ribbon/id=28680?origin=thefrugalcrafter
Glue (choose a thick slow dry glue like YES! paste or Aleenes Thick and Tacky)
Elastic cord (look for it with jewelry supplies or cut a long rubber band.)
Hole punch and eyelet
palette knife and flat paintbrush
Thin cardboard (cereal or cracker box)
paper (I used the Gelli Prints on cardstock I made in this tutorial: https://youtu.be/MKlU1rWeffM )
Feel free to substitute items to suit your taste!
1. Cut paper to the book size. I used standard cardstock cut in quarters.
2. Attach pages to each other one at a time with washi tape. Trim tape ends handing past the pages.
3. Cut the cardboard box to make a cover.
4. Protect your work are with wax paper and place the cover with the outside facing up. Spread on a layer of paste or slow dry glue then crumple up a sheet of craft paper and press it into the glue.
5. Paint the kraft paper with acrylic paint and let dry.
6. Trim the paper flush with the cover.
7. Trim the edges of the cover with washi tape.
8. Punch a hole and add an eyelet 1" from the edge on the center of the front cover.
9. Cut a piece of elastic cord a little longer than you need to wrap around the book. Thread both ends in the hole and then through a button (so the cord does not pull through) and secure with a knot.
10. Add glue to the spine and place in a ribbon bookmark. Press the paper signature into the wet glue then secure the first and last page to the cover with washi tape.
I hope you enjoyed this easy bookmaking and tutorial. These make wonderful gifts for your family, friends or yourself!
DIY Travelers Journal
Sign Up For The Frugal Crafter News! https://tinyletter.com/thefrugalcrafter
For Sponsorships or Product Reviews: http://famebit.com/u/thefrugalcrafterLindsayWeirich
Follow along and have fun!
Thefrugalcrafter Community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefrugalcrafter Join in the fun!
Visit my blog: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/frugalcrafter/boards/
Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/thefrugalcrafter?sub_confirmation=1 Music credit (if music is present in video) Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0